Fatma presented her MSc thesis completed under the supervision of Assist. Prof. Sadiye Velioğlu and titled “Elucidation of Pharmaceutical Recovery/Removal Performance of MXene–based Membranes via Non-Equlibrium Molecular Dynamics Simulation”. Congratulations and wish her success!
Two new projects were funded by 2023 GTU113 BAP ADEP.
- “Natural gas purification with hybrid carbon molecular sieve membranes” funded by 2023 GTU113 BAP ADEP, Principal Investigator: Sadiye Velioğlu, 2023-2025.
- “MXene based highly sensitive, cost effective, scaleable and biodegrable chemosensor for detection of poisonous gases” funded by 2023 GTU113 BAP ADEP, Principal Investigator: Nihan Aydemir, Researcher: Sadiye Velioğlu, 2023-2026.
Short interview from Dr. Velioğlu to draw attention to the problem of climate change in all over the world, to raise awareness about membrane technologies, and to reveal the research carried out at Institute of Nanotechnology, Gebze Technical University.
Tuğba succeeded in the PhD qualifying exam and she is a currently a PhD candidate. Congratulations!
Research paper of Dr. Sadiye Velioğlu on “Hyperlooping Carbon Nanotube-Graphene Oxide Nanoarchitectonics as Membranes for Ultrafast Organic Solvent Nanofiltration” has been accepted for publication in ASC Materials Letters in collaboration with the experts in membrane technology in Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Congratulations!
Dr. Sadiye Velioğlu presented the theoretical work they carried out in their molecular simulation laboratory to the GTU undergraduate students under the GTU IEEE OpenLab4 event. Nanotechnology was introduced to the young people, and we had a very enjoyable weekend a few days before the new year.
As a group of MEM-CES, we attended NANOTR-16 conference held in METU with five oral presentations.
- Tuğba BAYSAL, Sadiye VELİOĞLU- Identification of Organic Solvent Nanofiltration Performances of MXenes via Non-equilibrium Molecular Dynamic Simulations- 16th Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Conference- 5-8 September 2022-Ankara/TURKEY-Oral Presentation
- Şirin MASSOUMILARİ, Sadiye VELİOĞLU- High-Throughput Computational Screening Evaluating the MXene Adsorbents: Ideal CO2/H2 Separation Performance and The Impact of Interlayer Distance- 16th Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Conference- 5-8 September 2022-Ankara/TURKEY-Oral Presentation
- Eyüp YAZKAN, Sadiye VELİOĞLU- Thousands of Hypothetical MXene Adsorbents for CO2/CH4 Mixture Separation: High-throughput Computational Screening Study- 16th Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Conference- 5-8 September 2022-Ankara/TURKEY-Oral Presentation
- Sadiye VELİOĞLU, Şirin MASSOUMILARİ, Melih DOĞANCI- Potential of MXene Membranes for H2/CO2 Separation- 16th Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Conference- 5-8 September 2022-Ankara/TURKEY-Oral Presentation
- Melih DOĞANCI, Sadiye VELİOĞLU- Binary CO2/H2 Separation Performance of MXenes Under Different Adsorption Processes: High-throughput Computational Screening-16th Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Conference- 5-8 September 2022-Ankara/TURKEY-Oral Presentation
Research paper of Şirin and Melih on “Unveiling the Potential of MXenes for H2 Purification and CO2 Capture as an Emerging Family of Nanomaterials” has been accepted for publication in AIChE Journal in a special issue of “2022 Futures Issue”. Congratulations!
Aysa’s research paper on “Desalination Potential of Aquaporin-Inspired Functionalization of Carbon Nanotubes: Bridging Between Simulation and Experiment” has been accepted for publication in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. Congratulations!
As a group of MEM-CES, we attended BASARIM 2022 conference held in Sabancı University. Şirin participated in the competition of 5 minute Thesis presentation.
From left to right, top: Melih, Tuğba, Sadiye, Şirin, Eyüp
Aysa is awarded to participate in the 71st Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting, gathering Nobel Laureates and qualified young scientists for scientific exhange between nations, cultures and disciplines, and taking place in Lindau, Germany from 26 June to 1 July 2022. Congratulations!
Şirin presented her MSc thesis completed under the supervision of Assist. Prof. Sadiye Velioğlu and titled “High-Throughput Computational Screening of MXene for CO2 Capture from Syngas and the Effect of Interlayer Distance on Ideal Gas Separation”. Congratulations and wish her success!
Melih’s review paper on “Identification of H2/CO2 Separation Performance of Inorganic Porous Adsorbents via Molecular Simulations” has been accepted for publication in International Journal of Environment and Geoinformatics. Congratulations!
Aysa’s research paper on “Carbon Nanotubes Integrated in Polyamide Membranes by Support Pre-Infiltration Improve the Desalination Performance” has been accepted for publication in Carbon. Congratulations!
Our project proposal on “Molecular investigation of hydrogen separation potential of MXene nanomaterials for efficient and economical energy production” has been granted by TÜBİTAK.